Skip to main content

Halloween Laie style



It was my first time away from home for Halloween this year and I had a blast!! The day before Chris and I went with some friends (Cole and Richelle Rieben) to a pumpkin patch. We searched all over and about twenty minutes later found the perfect ones. But we had to take some first..












This is us in the back of the convertible on the way home.
My hair was my worst enemy. Seriously. 
So after we picked our favorite, we headed over to run some errands and get some food. We got home and as Richelle was driving down a street, some older man yelled at her to slow down. She wasn't going fast at all, so we tried to think of why he might have said that. Right as we turned onto the main street in Laie, we saw... Hundreds of parents with their kids all dressed up to go "trick-or-treating". They take Halloween very seriously here. Tents with blasting Michael Jackson songs and trunks full of candy. I have never seen anything like it. Awesome. They blocked of our street and the next one down. It was madness, but cool. 

After we finally got to our studio, Chris had to go to work. His shift was from eight to ten and even better it was the Tongan club party. ha. It was so so fun. At first, I thought, what a drag but as soon as people started showing up, I knew we were gonna have some fun. Huge Tongan guys started to do a race in the pool. It was so funny because the guys were fighting over who got the side. They can't swim far at all so it was nice to have the wall right there. Most of them only got half way. Then they started up the "slash contest". So funny. They were all yelling and laughing in Tongan.. so really, I have no idea what they were saying but it was funny. 
Today (Halloween), we went to Church. It was good. They just keep going over how we can help with the Temple Open House. 
Chris and I just got back from carving pumpkins with Richelle, Cole, Jessica (Richelle's sister in law) and Eric Richelle's brother. We did so amazing. It  was by far thee best pumpkin I have ever done. Chris made his own silly face, I did Ariel (for Miss Cambria and Miss Kiera),Richelle did Princess Tiana, Cole did Gary Coleman, Eric did an amazing Darth Vador and Jessica just did the classic pumpkin face. I know.. put the pictures up already.. Well.. here they are!!


Asian Ariel.. not finished :)
Richelle and Princess Tiana
Chris working hard on his pumpkin











Comments

  1. Those are some big pumpkins!!! hahaha You guys are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having the time of your life! Happy Halloween! Thanks for the postcard! You're amazing and we love you more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte May Hendrickson June 5, 2015

I'm going to start by saying I'm on heavy doses of Lortab and Tylenol. I'm seriously having a hard time making complete sentences but I want this to be out so you know what happened. From the beginning of this journey, Chris and I have felt like this has been such a "team" trial. We've had so much support and so many prayers offered on our behalf and that it's such a devastation to everyone that this happened. You are my team and I want you to be in on everything.

I honestly can't believe I'm sitting down at the computer and starting to write this out, again. Trying to explain what just happened, again. Trying to find the words to describe accurately how I feel. So here's my best.

Thursday, June 4, 2015
I had felt her move very gently only three times on Wednesday so when I woke up on Thursday I went straight for the sugary cereal in hopes that would wake Charlotte up and get her moving. I ate and waited. I grabbed a cold water, drank half and …

Two, Four + Six years

Today is kinda a big day. Everything is hitting today. Our sweet Conor would have been two years old a week ago, Owen turned four and in a couple weeks Chris and I have been married for six years. That's a lot of anniversaries. Some great to remember and celebrate and some not. Everybody has those.

Our little buddy Conor would be TWO! See that muffin top down there? That's Conor not Cafe Rio, well maybe a little of both. Conor leaves some strange memories. Although we lost him, his soul, his body, I don't miss him. It that terrible or what?

After his early surprise delivery I was shocked, there's no doubt about that, but I almost immediately felt like he was a big, grown, man taking care of me. Owen didn't realize what was happening, well none of us did. He didn't ask about him everyday, he was just too young to understand. It just didn't seem like the end of the world. Everyone can handle a certain amount of pain and heartbreak right? Compared to Charlotte…

1 Year

It's officially been an entire year since I last held my chunky baby. Some days are doable and some are as if we lost her yesterday. The mysterious thing about grief is comes in waves. Sometimes just small tidal waves brushing the shore full of heartache and sometimes 40 foot waves of rage, anger and depression. You never know which is coming and when. Sometimes it comes from a small argument with a sister and quickly spirals into grief.. arguments are rarely ever about what it started as. I had a break down the other day, I can't even remember what sparked it but it was harsh. It was brutal. I've come to realize that I will grieve as long as I live. That as long as I miss her and as long as I love her I will grieve.






We want her so badly and my mind can't seem to stop from thinking that. I know I can't have her here, but that's all I think about. When I look at my friends babies, at dinner, at the movies, I want her there with us. She would be the same age as t…