Skip to main content

here's the latest.

So here's the latest. 
I can't remember if I told the "we knew it was time" story. 
If not, it's pretty incredible and G rated. 
General Conference this October was great. We had the opportunity to watch it on our TV this time. Something I have always taken for granted. While were watching and making lunch I hear talk about kids and tuned in. Chris tuned out and I made him come sit with me. Elder Andersen was talking about how President Kimball told one young man and his wife to not break a commandment just because they wanted to get further in life, specifically to become a doctor. He asked "Where is your faith"? He said you can do both, with the Lords help. This talk was a wake up call.
Now, I have to say putting off a family before med school was never our plan, because I despise those people, but we just hadn't felt it was time yet.  Not that we had prayed about it or anything but having kids was not on my radar.
Once the talk was over I turned to Chris and he said "I know".
So we prayed and I got my answer right away, like when I prayed about marrying Chris.
Now Chris on the other hand.. took a while. I think on purpose. :)
Later that month, we decided it was time and my next period didn't come. One try. I am definitely not bragging here. I am simply saying that I am one fertile myrtle.
 Crazy right?
I took the test and there it was plain and simple, our family would soon consist of three people. I asked Chris how he felt and he said "I want a boy." I asked if he was excited or nervous? He said "Well, I was honestly banking on the fact that it takes most couples 4 to 6 months to get pregnant". haha

We held off telling our families so we could be all cutsie and tell them on Christmas. Luckily it all worked out and we were able to see all of our close family within a few days of each other. My favorite part about telling everyone was the reactions we got. Jill screamed, Scott gave me a huge hug, Sean let me take a shower before him (even though he had to sing in church), Susan and Becca laughed, mom smacked me (for not telling her), Jeff  looked at Chris all weird, dad said "Yes! I can't wait to be a grandpa", Kai gave us a high five and an "Alright! That's awesome!", Bubba gave me an almost wink, and the girls smiled and loved that I joked about naming the baby Jenny Dave. (A name they came up with for a girl/boy balloon).
I thought they were pretty good.

Since then,
Chris and I had been anxiously awaiting our first doctors appointment. It's nerve wracking by the way. Just waiting to find out if she/he is healthy and growing right. Anyway, the appointment went a lot better than I thought it was going to go. Everyone I had talked to about it said "It's really uncomfortable". I went in sweating, almost profusely. I know, sick. They took my blood pressure and it was pretty high. She asked if I was nervous. haha Oh was I nervous. She sent us into another room to wait for the doctor.
That was the worst part. Waiting and thinking. Chris kept grabbing my hands and telling me it was going to be okay. I know he was just trying to help but he wasn't about to get up close and personal with the doctor like I was in a few minutes.
She came in and we talked about Hawaii and how crazy we were to move here. Which helped to calm the nerves a little. She asked lots of questions and made sure I was clean and healthy. She was so nice and helpful. She answered all the questions with a medical and personal answer. It was nice. Some doctors just give you the medical answer. I hate that. I don't know what that means.
Then came the "uncomfortable part". She explained everything with details and then it was time to hear my baby's heart beat.
We went in and right there on the monitor was my baby. I felt like things were going in slow motion. I started to cry with excitement. Chris was in shock. We both just stared. What an incredible moment. I just wanted to say "Look! Look what we made!" It was moving around a lot so it was hard for her to get a good picture. His little feet crossed and hands stretched out. How cool is that?  She also showed me around the inside of my body which was amazingly weird. My ovaries, my uterus and my intestines.
I know he isn't big right now but oh my gosh was that amazing?!
She made me so happy when she said that he is healthy and happy. I pray he will be that way for the rest of his life.
This is the sour patch one. Seriously looks like a sour patch huh? The big circle is the back of his head, then his two little arms, his cute little bum and the tiny circles are his feet.

He is not cut in half, he was just moving in this one.

The top of his head and is long arms and hands. Chris says he is giving a thumbs up because it's warmer in here than outside where dad is.

After that was done, I had to get my blood drawn and a flu shot. Yuck. But it wasn't horrible.
Then we were done. Our next appointment is on Valentines Day.
I am one happy camper.
That's the latest, Thanks for reading. 


Popular posts from this blog

24 weeks (December 2017)

It's been awhile.
Like over a year since I last posted something here. I figured it was about time to update everyone. I announced that we were expecting a couple months ago and then left it at that. And several dear friends are asking for updates. And a lot is happening. 
So the quick (maybe not so quick) update is.. all is well! 

1. We're pregnant! (In case you didn't know). I am currently 24 weeks along with our miracle baby girl (Lucy)! We have had about 20ish ultrasounds and too many hours sitting in a waiting room to count. Being high risk is no joke. But I'm not complaining because we get to see our wiggly little girl almost every week!  When we first found out we were expecting (which is a whole post on it's own) we were given the option of genetic testing. After praying and fasting about this we decided to opt out. The test was a CVS (Chorionic villus sampling) where a needle would be inserted into to placenta to test the fluid and baby's DNA and that …

Two, Four + Six years

Today is kinda a big day. Everything is hitting today. Our sweet Conor would have been two years old a week ago, Owen turned four and in a couple weeks Chris and I have been married for six years. That's a lot of anniversaries. Some great to remember and celebrate and some not. Everybody has those.

Our little buddy Conor would be TWO! See that muffin top down there? That's Conor not Cafe Rio, well maybe a little of both. Conor leaves some strange memories. Although we lost him, his soul, his body, I don't miss him. It that terrible or what?

After his early surprise delivery I was shocked, there's no doubt about that, but I almost immediately felt like he was a big, grown, man taking care of me. Owen didn't realize what was happening, well none of us did. He didn't ask about him everyday, he was just too young to understand. It just didn't seem like the end of the world. Everyone can handle a certain amount of pain and heartbreak right? Compared to Charlotte…

Charlotte May Hendrickson June 5, 2015

I'm going to start by saying I'm on heavy doses of Lortab and Tylenol. I'm seriously having a hard time making complete sentences but I want this to be out so you know what happened. From the beginning of this journey, Chris and I have felt like this has been such a "team" trial. We've had so much support and so many prayers offered on our behalf and that it's such a devastation to everyone that this happened. You are my team and I want you to be in on everything.

I honestly can't believe I'm sitting down at the computer and starting to write this out, again. Trying to explain what just happened, again. Trying to find the words to describe accurately how I feel. So here's my best.

Thursday, June 4, 2015
I had felt her move very gently only three times on Wednesday so when I woke up on Thursday I went straight for the sugary cereal in hopes that would wake Charlotte up and get her moving. I ate and waited. I grabbed a cold water, drank half and …