Skip to main content

Oh Idaho

First of all can you believe my baby is two months?? I can't. It's true, they grow so fast! But I am not one bit sad about that. I'm excited for the new stage of his life, when he will smile and laugh at me. He is a pretty happy baby and he does smile a lot but we're excited to be entering the next phase where maybe, just maybe he will sleep a little better at night. :) His new thing is "talking" and how can I be frustrated at that, even if he does keep me up all night long? He also just figured out how to make noises. He is one talkative guy and I know he will just get louder. He is so fun. Chris and I just adore him.
Trying to help him fall asleep but he kept making me laugh

Lately he likes to put his face straight down
( See my projects in the background?)

Daddy and baby

On our way outside last night..


Good morning! His onesie says I'm hungry

As for us, we are doing fantastic. Things up here in Iceberg are great so far. We moved in (to our TOP floor apartment) and I finally started decorating my little place. We are still trying to put things in it's place but it's coming together, slowly.  The neighbors are great and we are happy to be in family ward. Chris has a pretty easy class schedule this semester so that means more family time. Which I, of  course, am a huge fan of. I went from having six other people to help me with O and now it's down just me. Chris helps out as much as he can. He is a wonderful father.

O's room so far.. still unpacking boxes

So Chris and I went out for a walk last night and as we were on our way back to the apartment, standing on the corner of main street and we totally got mooned by some brilliant college boys. Nice huh? They were so close, Chris would've smacked them if he had thought of it sooner. In all of the places, I guess a college town is where it happens right?

In other news I have been working on the chairs for our kitchen table. We were given a nice table but it was too dark and I didn't like it so I decided to repaint it white. It turned out great but I didn't have chairs to go with it. Long story short, I found some old ugly chairs and repainted and reupholstered them. I also haven't quite figured out my style yet, well I have, but it doesn't quite fit my budget so everything I have is either old and turned new and clean or given to us.. so things don't really match. But that's the style now, mismatched everything. Have you seen some of the clothes people wear now days? Anyway..I had and idea and here are some of the before, during and after pictures.

Inspiration:



Ugly green and old school plaid


During:





Crazy huh? I absolutely love them! :) And while I was looking for fabric I came across what was destined to happen.. the very SAME print that is on the canvas' I found at TJ Maxx in Orem, I found in Idaho Falls.

The finished product: 




I have a couple other projects I'm working on:


We love them! I am happy, Chris is happy and the little babe is happy. Life is fantastic right about now. 
 I think that's it, I'm sure there will be more awesome pictures of chunky O to post soon. :) 

Comments

  1. Those chairs turned out so cute!! I love all your other projects too! You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, the chairs look WAY better than when we picked them up. You two did a GREAT job! Oh, and we really miss lil' O...just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chairs!!! So happy you guys are doing well, what a cute family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte May Hendrickson June 5, 2015

I'm going to start by saying I'm on heavy doses of Lortab and Tylenol. I'm seriously having a hard time making complete sentences but I want this to be out so you know what happened. From the beginning of this journey, Chris and I have felt like this has been such a "team" trial. We've had so much support and so many prayers offered on our behalf and that it's such a devastation to everyone that this happened. You are my team and I want you to be in on everything.

I honestly can't believe I'm sitting down at the computer and starting to write this out, again. Trying to explain what just happened, again. Trying to find the words to describe accurately how I feel. So here's my best.

Thursday, June 4, 2015
I had felt her move very gently only three times on Wednesday so when I woke up on Thursday I went straight for the sugary cereal in hopes that would wake Charlotte up and get her moving. I ate and waited. I grabbed a cold water, drank half and …

Two, Four + Six years

Today is kinda a big day. Everything is hitting today. Our sweet Conor would have been two years old a week ago, Owen turned four and in a couple weeks Chris and I have been married for six years. That's a lot of anniversaries. Some great to remember and celebrate and some not. Everybody has those.

Our little buddy Conor would be TWO! See that muffin top down there? That's Conor not Cafe Rio, well maybe a little of both. Conor leaves some strange memories. Although we lost him, his soul, his body, I don't miss him. It that terrible or what?

After his early surprise delivery I was shocked, there's no doubt about that, but I almost immediately felt like he was a big, grown, man taking care of me. Owen didn't realize what was happening, well none of us did. He didn't ask about him everyday, he was just too young to understand. It just didn't seem like the end of the world. Everyone can handle a certain amount of pain and heartbreak right? Compared to Charlotte…

1 Year

It's officially been an entire year since I last held my chunky baby. Some days are doable and some are as if we lost her yesterday. The mysterious thing about grief is comes in waves. Sometimes just small tidal waves brushing the shore full of heartache and sometimes 40 foot waves of rage, anger and depression. You never know which is coming and when. Sometimes it comes from a small argument with a sister and quickly spirals into grief.. arguments are rarely ever about what it started as. I had a break down the other day, I can't even remember what sparked it but it was harsh. It was brutal. I've come to realize that I will grieve as long as I live. That as long as I miss her and as long as I love her I will grieve.






We want her so badly and my mind can't seem to stop from thinking that. I know I can't have her here, but that's all I think about. When I look at my friends babies, at dinner, at the movies, I want her there with us. She would be the same age as t…