Skip to main content

#2 Real Stories From Real Mommas

I have some exciting news.. drum roll please!

I am making a new blog just for the mommy stuff. The Real Stories from Real Mommas series has inspired me to create a whole new blog just for that (and all things momma). It's currently undergoing construction but will be up by the end of March (hopefully, cross you're fingers!). I will continue to do the series on my personal blog and when the other is finished I will just switch.

Since I posted the first "Mamas" series (read HERE) and the overcoming being molested post(read HERE) I have had so many viewers from all over. Trust me, I'm not bragging, this is what I wanted! I wanted these stories to reach all over the world to hopefully inspire or just make someone feel comforted. This is truly an honor and I just hope it continues!

That being said, as adorable as Owen is, I'm not sure I want everyone watching him grow up.. ? Does this make sense? I am a momma bear when it comes to that kid and since going through what I've gone through it makes me even more protective of my little cub. So I've decided I will have a personal blog (for friends and family to keep up to date, like a journal) And this new mom blog. Awesome right?

Eeeeeeekkkk!! I'm excited! This is going to be awesome!!

Oh and I am leaving town tomorrow for a week, being that tomorrow is Tuesday (Real Stories from Real Mommas day) I am going to post it today! Lucky you!! :)

This is a great one. My former Trek mama and dear friend shared this with me to post on the blog. I laughed out loud when I read this! Well, laughed and felt bad at the same time. I love it! This is from a real mama! I just know you'll love it too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate when laundry is dumped on the couch but one Sunday morning, not long after I had

my first child Sarah, I did just that so I could find some socks for my husband, Craig.

Even an hour after church, the laundry was still sitting on the couch because I had to nurse

Sarah. Just then there was a knock at the door and I went into panic mode. I handed 

Sarah to Craig to burp and headed to the door, making sure to stand between whomever 

was there and my couch. It was a new member of our bishopric who was bringing by

some paperwork for Craig. We talked briefly at the door and I made sure I moved as his

eyes moved so he wouldn't see our couch covered in clothes. He was there only a few

minutes and I felt some accomplishment as I shut the door, knowing he had not seen my 

couch!! But as I turned Craig said, "Krishelle, your shirt!" I had a button up shirt on which I

had undone to nurse Sarah and had never done back up. AND it wasn't only barely open, I

was new at nursing and so both sides were tucked way under each of my arms!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte May Hendrickson June 5, 2015

I'm going to start by saying I'm on heavy doses of Lortab and Tylenol. I'm seriously having a hard time making complete sentences but I want this to be out so you know what happened. From the beginning of this journey, Chris and I have felt like this has been such a "team" trial. We've had so much support and so many prayers offered on our behalf and that it's such a devastation to everyone that this happened. You are my team and I want you to be in on everything.

I honestly can't believe I'm sitting down at the computer and starting to write this out, again. Trying to explain what just happened, again. Trying to find the words to describe accurately how I feel. So here's my best.

Thursday, June 4, 2015
I had felt her move very gently only three times on Wednesday so when I woke up on Thursday I went straight for the sugary cereal in hopes that would wake Charlotte up and get her moving. I ate and waited. I grabbed a cold water, drank half and …

Two, Four + Six years

Today is kinda a big day. Everything is hitting today. Our sweet Conor would have been two years old a week ago, Owen turned four and in a couple weeks Chris and I have been married for six years. That's a lot of anniversaries. Some great to remember and celebrate and some not. Everybody has those.

Our little buddy Conor would be TWO! See that muffin top down there? That's Conor not Cafe Rio, well maybe a little of both. Conor leaves some strange memories. Although we lost him, his soul, his body, I don't miss him. It that terrible or what?

After his early surprise delivery I was shocked, there's no doubt about that, but I almost immediately felt like he was a big, grown, man taking care of me. Owen didn't realize what was happening, well none of us did. He didn't ask about him everyday, he was just too young to understand. It just didn't seem like the end of the world. Everyone can handle a certain amount of pain and heartbreak right? Compared to Charlotte…

1 Year

It's officially been an entire year since I last held my chunky baby. Some days are doable and some are as if we lost her yesterday. The mysterious thing about grief is comes in waves. Sometimes just small tidal waves brushing the shore full of heartache and sometimes 40 foot waves of rage, anger and depression. You never know which is coming and when. Sometimes it comes from a small argument with a sister and quickly spirals into grief.. arguments are rarely ever about what it started as. I had a break down the other day, I can't even remember what sparked it but it was harsh. It was brutal. I've come to realize that I will grieve as long as I live. That as long as I miss her and as long as I love her I will grieve.






We want her so badly and my mind can't seem to stop from thinking that. I know I can't have her here, but that's all I think about. When I look at my friends babies, at dinner, at the movies, I want her there with us. She would be the same age as t…